Flybridge has so many promising technology companies in its existing portfolio, what general advice are you giving them during these unprecedented times?
- Change your mindset to transform these obstacles into opportunities for your business.
- Over-communicate with your employees, partners, and customers. They should be sick of hearing from you.
- Prepare for the long haul. The pandemic and its ripple effect are going to be with us for a long, long time. 12-18 more months at least.
You’ve been an entrepreneur yourself and you also advise countless startups on their launches—what do you want to say to a new team getting started in this environment?
- Outstanding talent has never been more readily available – take advantage of it in a creative fashion!
- Stay focused on customer discovery before you rush to build. Customers are willing to spend more time with you than ever before.
- Prepare for 12-18 months of cash runway. It’s going to be a long journey from here.
As an author and teacher, you must spend a fair amount of time reading—what 3 books are essential for entrepreneurs right now?
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holliday
- The Hard Things About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach